February 1, 2010

When my Dad was in Oman for Desert Storm, my sister had a tough time dealing with his long absences. To bring a smile to her face, he sent her a certificate which identified her as the 'favorite daughter'. She has held the certificate over my head ever since.

While visiting the family this weekend, the topic of 'who is the favorite' came up in passing. Of course, there can be no discussion when one daughter holds a certificate with the title, so the discussion was brief...but to my surprise! a smile was brought to MY face when a certificate was bestowed upon me the next morning....

"Best All-Around Daughter Award"

Not too shabby if you ask me! I think I shall frame and hang. :P

5 comments:

Monica said...

how many times did you have to bring up the certificate before you were finally granted one as a consolation prize? Almost 20 years later?

Christina said...

Yes...'Best All-Around' cannot be awarded based on tears..it must be earned...

Monica said...

I'm still the favorite though.

Unknown said...

Wow! These are amazing! I actually wish to remain within the strange hovel building in Finland! Thanks for sharing . Disposable Adult Diapers

Unknown said...

Great job, miss. and also the different 2 you’ve mentioned within the beginning, I’m identified already of them. And didn’t found DropMyLink, abundant helpful.. BTW, thanks for all this. Berkeley Orthodontics