December 11, 2005

We went to bed around 10pm last night so we could get enough sleep for our 4am workout. Just as we were drifting off, gunfire rang out everywhere. Bam-ba-ba-ba-bam bam. From the sound of it, anyone would swear we were being invaded and you could tell that these weren't piddily little guns. Bam Bam! Ba-ba-ba-bam bam! It sounded like people were sending and recieving fire - like it was a war outside. The loud voice came on to restrict movement - instructing everyone to remain indoors and that security had increased to U3 - This is not a drill! This is not a drill! Despite our curiosity, Mike and I remained in bed figuring what good would it do to go outside? I could just imagine getting struck by a stray bullet. It seemed like the gunfire went on forever. I fell back asleep before it ended...Mike lay awake listening to it. When we awoke to go to the gym in the morning, we weren't sure if we were even allowed to go. Neither of us had heard the loud voice sending out the "All Clear". A quick check of the email confirmed all was well, and off to the gym we went. It turned out, all the commotion was just to celebrate Iraq's victory over Saudi Arabia in Soccer. What a celebration!

I also went to Muay Thai and Tony's going away party. Muay Thai was fun again. I've got a few more bruises than I did last time I went. I even punched myself in the jaw accidentally when I was holding the pads and hadn't braced myself enough to recieve my partner's kick. I can still feel it a little! And I embarrassed myself in class by kicking and falling when I lost my balance. How embarrassing.

Tony's party was nice. It was a small one to wish him well as he heads home. He's been her for six months already. I remember when he first got here. He's always been a very nice person - very outgoing. All the boy scout troops in his area send him M&Ms so he would always come around with them to share. He'll be missed. They made his party be a going away/Christmas party so everyone was asked to bring a small gift to exchange. Some people pulled Raman/Campbell's soup off their shelves, while others purchased a small trinket at the Bazaar. I ended up with a nice little wooden box...Mike got a Marine Coin, canned fish, gum, and Poptarts :)

Well! Off to work! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

A Guy on his Journey said...

Did you see that last night? Crazy huh? It was kind of amazing too! It was a pretty neat firework show.

A Guy on his Journey said...

Hey there. I would e-mail you back but the e-mail I got only says no-reply@blogger.com Anyways, yeah, I just got here. I can't mention how long I'm going to be here on this blog though. Your welcome for the mention.