December 12, 2005

Today's the first day of a four day holiday for the locals. With elections beginning it's very dangerous for any Iraqi to be seen on the road. For their safety, they are not required to show for work. Despite the dangers, there are still a few who do. I was speaking to one that works with us, and he said it's not even safe to drive to the store, etc. If he ventures anywhere, it will be by foot or bicycle. We also anticipate some increased activity in the next few days. Hopefully it will be similar to the last elections where the days passed by peacefully.

Today was no different than usual. I've taken great strides on my SIGIR report so it's finally nearing completion. I think I will have it done by tomorrow, if not, tonight. I want to get it done a little earlier so that Jim has a chance to review it before submission. He has a much keener eye for abnormal figures. It helps when you have the history and knowledge behind all the projects.

Word is they're closing down the local liquor store. Actually, word is that the US Government needs that property for something else, thereby Inadvertently closing down the store. (rolling eyes) haha. I guess if you don't plan on enforcing it you can just make obtaining it a hassle.

Mike updated his blog last night and promises to update it at a more regular basis...so check it out!

Mmmm...well....I ran out of things to talk about :) Have a good day!

No comments: